Somalia: Puntland official survives bomb attack

Image

Somalia Feb 3, 2015 (Garowe Online)- Somalia Feb 3, 2015 (Garowe Online)- The general accountant of the Puntland government's Galkayo administration has survived a roadside bomb attack in the town, officials said on Tuesday Garowe Online reprts.

The bomb which struck Mr. Said Ali Yusuf's car has reportedly inflicted a minor damage, however, the accountant escaped unharmed.

Tuesday's bomb attack was the second to target Puntland officials since last month. The deputy Mudug region region's governor Farhan Ali Hersi has survived a roadside bomb in Galkayo late last month.

GAROWEONLINE

Related Articles

Somalia: Deni Visits Galkayo as Puntland Tightens Grip on Security Control

During his stay, Deni is also expected to review the administrative system in the Mudug region and ongoing development projects.

  • Puntland

    08-08-2026

  • 05:26AM

Somalia: Puntland Appoints New Military Commanders as Security Buildup Intensifies in Mudug

The military instructed all relevant units to cooperate fully with the newly appointed officers and facilitate the execution of their duties.

  • Puntland

    24-07-2026

  • 07:48AM